Do you love African and Caribbean music, art and culture?
Then you will not want to miss this year’s AFRIKÀBA FESTIVAL, two weeks of great events starting Saturday 4 October plus photographic exhibition at Hastings Museum & Art Gallery from 22 September through until 30 November.
- Sat 4 Oct come along to an African / Latin Dance Workshop
- Sat 4 Oct dance to Grupo Lokito’s joyous blend of Kinshasa and Havana salsa.
- Sun 5 Oct bring the kids to help create exciting Adventure Stories
- Wed 8 Oct join the Debate with Professors Gus John and Ted Cantle
- Fri 10 Oct experience HKBFiNN’s Spoken Word Opera, AMPLiFiER
- Sat 11 Oct catch the Film Screening of Nairobi Half Life
- Sun 12 Oct bring the family to enjoy Dobet Gnahoré Na Drê Dance
The finale on Sunday 12 October, features the mesmerising, award winning Dobet Gnahoré, an event for the entire family.
There’ll be face painting for children and Afro-Caribbean food on sale
Whatever you do….. don’t miss out on this great line up.
For more information visit www.afrikaba.co.uk.
Dobet’s energetic stage presence won her Best New Comer and Most Exciting Young Talent of African Music also gaining her joint Grammy Award with India Aire for Best Urban / Alternative Artist. Join the fun….. Enjoyment guaranteed!
Dobet Gnahoré Na Drê Dance Sunday 12 October, 2pm, White Rock Theatre Phone: 01424 462 228. Buy your tickets for Dobet Gnahoré’s concert before 25 August and receive early-bird discounts of more than 30% off ticket price.
|Dobet Gnahoré Early Bird tickets before 25 August||Dobet Gnahoré tickets after 25 August|